June is Great Outdoors Month and there are a lot of ways you can celebrate:
- Enjoy local and state parks with great activities like hiking, camping, swimming, fishing, geocaching and more.
- Take a road trip and stop at these Wisconsin attractions.
- Visit the Milwaukee County Zoo, the Milwaukee Public Museum and local gardens and nature centers to learn more about nature and animals.
- Looking for inexpensive ways to celebrate Great Outdoors Month? Take a walk around your neighborhood, sit outside or go birdwatching.
- Become a volunteer for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- If you have a smartphone there are a lot of apps available to help you enjoy the outdoors. A free one to try is Oh Ranger Park Finder. It finds the parks closest to you and includes comprehensive information about activities.