The Milwaukee Public Library has numerous resources for job seekers:
- Seven MPL locations offer drop-in job help. A job trainer specialist is available to help you complete online job applications, write a resume, search online job listings and obtain a free email account. For more information stop by any MPL location or call Ready Reference at (414) 286-3011.
- All MPL locations have materials you can check out to help with your job search. Central Library also has an area on the second floor with career and job reference books. These books can't be checked out, but you can use them in the library to find a lot of information. The book below is an example.
- When looking for a job, MPL's databases provide invaluable resources. For example, Access Video helps you explore careers, provides job searching tips and much more. There's also Career Cruising to help with career information and interest and aptitude self-quizzes. WISCareers and LearningExpress Library may be of help to job seekers too.
- MPL also has a lot of great databases to help you research companies. Try ReferenceUSA, Business & Company Resource Center and Dun & Bradstreet Million Dollar Database to answer all sorts of questions. For example, you can research specific companies, find certain types of companies in particular areas and look up contact information.
- And finally, MPL offers Job Seeker Help and Job Listing Sites.