- Six out of ten state residents are registered library users. These library users made over 35 million visits to Wisconsin public libraries in 2010. Season attendance for Brewer home games in 2010 was 2.8 million.
- The average number of user visits per week to Wisconsin public libraries is 676,000. Season attendance at Packer home games is about 566,000.
- Over 65 million items were circulated by Wisconsin's public libraries in 2010. Wisconsin ranks 8th in per capita circulation nationally.
- Over 98% of Wisconsin public libraries help people access and use employment resources, including help with job searches, creating resumes, and submitting employment applications.
- On average, 1.25 million items are checked out of Wisconsin public libraries each week. More than one-third of these circulations are children's materials.
- Programs provided by public libraries and directed toward children had attendance of over 1.6 million. Summer library program attendance for children and young adults was nearly 500,000.
Want to learn more? See all the facts on the Wisconsin Deparment of Public Instruction (DPI) website.