This is the last week for the regularly scheduled Teacher in the Library program in 2013. This program will temporarily cease over the holidays, so take advantage of this program this week. In case you haven't heard about this wonderful service, here are the facts.
Teachers are available at selected libraries during after school hours from September-June to assist both students and parents with academic support and encouragement. Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Check out the library's event calendar for information on times and locations.
Teachers will help students:
• use appropriate learning strategies
• find the best resources for completing their homework assignments
• find books appropriate for their reading level
Teachers will help parents:
• learn how to help their children at home with school assignments
• by answering questions they have regarding their child's homework
If you'd like to see the listing for Teacher in the Library in the children's programming calendar for spring, click here, and look at the final page.